Sikafloor-20N PurCemFrom Sika South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
Sikafloor-20N PurCem is a three-part, resin rich, water dispersed, high strength, smooth trowel grade, coloured polyurethane modified, cement and aggregate screed suitable for floors subject to heavy loading, abrasion and chemical exposure.
It has textured aggregate surface providing medium to heavy profile slip resistance and is typically installed at 6 to 9 mm thick.
Sikafloor-20N PurCem is used in areas subject to heavy loading, abrasion and high chemical exposure, to provide a hard wearing surface, such as in:
- Food processing plants, in wet or dry process areas, freezers and coolers, thermal shock areas
- Chemical plants
- Suitable for physical resistance
- Suitable for chemical resistance
- Fluid consistency requires less labour to install than conventional heavy duty modified PU trowel grade screeds.
- Excellent chemical resistance. Resists a wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts and solvents.
- Similar coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete, allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling. It will perform and retain its physical characteristics through a wide temperature range from -40ºC (-40ºF) up to +120ºC (239ºF).
- Steam cleanable at 9 mm thick.
- Bond strength in excess of the tensile strength of concrete. Concrete will fail first.
- Non taint, odourless.
- VOC Free.
- High mechanical resistance. Behaves plastically subject to impact. Will deform but will not crack or debond.
- Slip resistance. Natural textured surface provides anti-slip traction.
- High abrasion resistance resulting from its silica aggregate structure.
- Rapid one step application. Normally, no concrete primer or sealer required.
- It is possible to apply on to 7 to 10 day old concrete after adequate preparation and with a tensile bond strength in excess of 1.5MPa (218 psi).