Sikafloor-21N PurCemFrom Sika South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
Sikafloor-21N PurCem is a three part, water dispersed medium to high strength coloured polyurethane modified, cement and aggregate screed with self-smoothing properties.
It has an aesthetic, easy to clean, smooth textured aggregate surface providing medium slip resistance and is typically installed at 4.5 to 6 mm thick.
Sikafloor-21N PurCem is used in areas of medium to heavy loading, abrasion and high chemical exposure, to provide a smooth, flat and decorative wearing surface, such as in:
- Food processing plants, in wet or dry process areas, freezers and coolers, thermal shock areas
- Chemical plant
- Suitable for physical resistance
- Suitable for chemical resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance. Resists a wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts and solvents.
- Similar coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete, allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling. It will perform and retain its physical characteristics through a wide temperature range from -40ºC (-40ºF) up to 120ºC (239ºF).
- Bond strength in excess of the tensile strength of concrete. Concrete will fail first.
- Non taint, odourless.
- VOC free.
- High mechanical resistance. Behaves plastically subject to impact. Will deform but will not crack or debond.
- High abrasion resistance resulting from its silica aggregate structure.
- It is possible to apply on 7 to 10 day old concrete after adequate preparation and with a tensile bond strength in excess of 1.5 MPa (218 psi).
- Jointless. Extra expansion joints are not necessary; simply maintain and extend existing expansion joints up through the Sikafloor®-PurCem flooring system.
- Easily maintained.