Tornado™ Full Height TurnstileFrom Boomgate Systems (Pty) Ltd.
A mechanical device used to control passage from one public area to another, typically consisting of several horizontal arms supported by and radially projecting from a central vertical post and allowing only the passage of individuals on foot.
A mechanical gate or barrier with metal arms that are turned to admit one person at a time, usually in one direction only.
A movable barrier in a fence or wall.
- Tornado™ turnstile is available in single/double full height turnstile and half height turnstile in mild steel and stainless steel brushed and hot dip galvanised.
- 3 arm, 4 arm and 5 arm configuration available.
- Robust steel frame that offers ultra secure access control.
- Rotor has 28 horizontal U Bends as standard compared to 24 U Bends on lesser models.
- Reader boxes are standard to the Tornado™ range. Reader boxes are welded to the frame and not bolted on.
- The control logic comes standard with 24Volt battery back-up. Back-up batteries are not included.
- Control logics can interface with any access control or ticketing systems.
- Turnstile mechanism uses a unique keyless square shaft™ technology compared to lesser models that use a key to lock a shaft to sprocket.
- Our shallow top channel and deep lid make installation more acceptable.
- Boomgate Systems offers an industry first 7 year warranty on all turnstiles.
- The Tornado™ single full height turnstile offers a ultra high level of security because of 28 horizontal U Bends as to lesser models.
- The customer will not pay for mechanical components for 7 years under the warranty period.
- The turnstile can be disassembled to take through normal standard doors for easy access.
- The product requires very little maintenance.
- Heavy-duty precision mechanism nickel plated.
- No base bearing at the bottom of the rotor and bearings are situated in the top channel where it is protected against the elements.
- Top rubber shock absorber limits shock load damage to mechanism.
- Ensures quiet operation.
- Mains power supply can be installed from the bottom or top of the unit.
- Modular assembly provides for moving turnstiles through confined routes for final installation.
- Easy access to electronic control modules.
- Modular plug-in electronics provides for easy and quick repairs.
- Programmable electronic selections i.e. Auto re-lock after a pre-determined time.
- Power supply 220V AC step down to 24V for turnstile electronics and 12V for card reader.
- For battery back up, just add 3x 7.5 batteries for 12V and 24V battery back up.