Scorpion™ Spike BarrierFrom Boomgate Systems (Pty) Ltd.
A spike barrier is a device that controls vehicles from entering and exiting the premises. Normally for high level security to stop unauthorised vehicles access by puncturing their tyres.
Spike barriers can be recessed into the road surface or can be mounted on top of an existing road surface which also acts as a vehicle calming device.
- Boomgate Systems has two types of spike barriers: flush mount for ultra heavy-duty use and surface mount for undercover parking like multi-storey car parks.
- Boomgate Systems spike barriers are designed with two features in mind: to offer ultra high level of security and reliability.
- Spike barriers come with a 2 year warranty.
- Barrier housing is manufactured with S/S 3CR12 and the spike tray with robust u-channel outer frame hot dip galvanised as standard to withstand all the legally allowed vehicles on the road.
- Spike barrier is designed to puncture tyres from both directions and not just one as with lesser models.
- Boomgate Systems spike barrier is a patented design. Patented # 2010/07 389
- Boomgate Systems patented design offers an ultra high level of security features with 5 times alarm conditions which detects tampering and 2X emergency activation inputs.
- Boomgate Systems spike barriers comes standard with a 2 year mechanical warranty.
- Spike barriers has a 100% duty cycle because of spike tray robust design it will last for many years.
- Spike barriers offer protection from both sides.
- It is a know fact that sites that has a Boomgate Systems spike barrier, vehicle theft and other related crime has dropped.
- The "Road Spike" barrier is available from 3m up to 5m. Custom size units can be accommodated. Prices are available on request.
- Barrier boom arms are manufactured from extruded aluminium tubing, powder coated in white with red reflective tape.
- The barrier is equipped as standard with an anti-pedestrian aluminium curtain suspended beneath the boom arm to prevent personal injury.
- Left and right hand configuration are available.
- The spikes lower before the boom arm opens. This ensures a safe passage for the vehicle to pass through. Electrical interlocked.
- The spike barrier can be interfaced with single or multiple remote triggering devices.
- The spike barrier framework is designed to handle vehicles weighing up to 100 tons (except surface mount).
- The cabinet is an IP54 rated enclosure 1,6mm mild steel or 3CR12 stainless steel or 2mm 304 brushed stainless steel.
- Cabinets are powder coated in red and white, but any other RAL colours are available on request.
- The spikes protrude 90mm above the road surface and offer protection from both directions.
- The road spike barrier modular design allows the unit to be stripped down to small manageable sizes for easy transportation and installation.
- Pack size: dependent on model ordered.
- Mains supply: 220V at 130 watts with no robots and 205 watts with robots.